Car Fanatics Blog

Welcome to the Official Blog of Car Fanatics.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hyundai Equus


I'm looking, through Google Images, at pictures of Hyundai's Equus from various angles.

From what I can tell, I'm seeing hints of Buick, Mercedes, Honda, and Susan Boyle's lady's area. One thing is for sure. This new Equus is completely devoid of any of your typical Korean-blandness. That's not to say it isn't still ugly-as-sin. It is. But at least it has some character; even if it is someone else's character.

Still, if anything, it goes to show how different people must see things differently. Or else, how could someone like this car, if they're seeing the same hideous vehicle that I am? And trust me, there are people that like the car. And, I think, they're sane-headed, too, as evidence towards my notion.


So now, after looking at pictures of it for literally A FEW MINUTES, I can now confirm that this car is a bit like marmite. Blooming 'orrible!

3 comments:

  1. To me the Equus is a cheap version on the Lexus LS. I still like the car and think it's a good car for the money. I guess it's for those who can't afford the competition.

    BTW, lol at the Susan Boyle comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traditionally, someone who could not afford the Lexus LS would settle for a GS.

    I think the Equus competes more with the GS than the LS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one at a car show... Just stunning, I would take it over a Lex if I could not afford a Bimmer, Audi, Benz or Jag.

    ReplyDelete