Car Fanatics Blog

Welcome to the Official Blog of Car Fanatics.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Why the Challenger is my Choice.



For any Mopar fan the Challenger returning is a dream come true, in 2006 when the concept was released i was hoping and praying it would be produced and Dodge came through and it was. Now in its 3rd year of production its still loved and still captures a camera flash anywhere it goes, but its competition is fierce with the camaro and mustang, but the Challenger hold its own quite well. Its my choice becuase it is the representation of days where auto makers only thought about cubic inches and horsepower. Open the Challenger SRT8s hood and you will find a 6.1L HEMI V8 producing 425 horsepower, and thats about it no fancy wires or electronics. The fans of Challenger or mopar in general are a very loyal group and they love there cars and will stand by them through thick and thin. Also start up the SRT8s 6.1L HEMIs V8 and a bellowing rumble blasts out of the duel pipes and is music to any muscle car fans ears and has the best sound it dosent sound like some screaming race car engine its smooth as slik and its growl is hard to beat. The Challenger also has it won in the looks department its recesed grill, duel headlamps give it the retro feel. It also has the look that its angry and seems to stare you down in a menacing way. Perhaps the best part is the feeling when you step in one, you dont want to get out, if you dont smile in this car you have no soul and to drive it is another story. So next time you see one take the time and enjoy because these cars might not be around in 10 years

5 comments:

  1. I agree. IMO the Challenger is the most iconic of all the modern pony cars. I love the Camaro and the Mustang a lot too, but when I look at the Challenger it's somehow different compared to the other two, it still has that early 70s spirit. If I was to buy a pony car, the Challenger would probably be my choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to cruise down a coastal road in a Challenger. The Mustang is nice also, but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure. It also weighs a TON, but I would happily take ANY pony car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually it weights almost two tons :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I get this next, I don't care if it's Stick or Auto really, as long as I'm driving the SRT8, that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete