Car Fanatics Blog

Welcome to the Official Blog of Car Fanatics.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I don't like Hyundais, and I don't like fish. Go screw yourself! (No offense.)

There are many things that annoy me about the human race. The way they smell, the way they care for eachother, and, chiefly, the way they talk.

I have heard people say the word "fail" too many times. So much, in fact, that it can be used now as a noun. Someone falls over; "that's a fail". Someone gets stuck in a lift; "that's a fail". Someone gets caught in bed with Jeremy Clarkson, thinking they are in bed with Su Bo (let's face it, they DO look the same); "that's a fail". That's annoying.

And then there's people who say "no offense" after everything they say, believing that if they say it, their sentence will actually become LESS OFFENSIVE. Worst of all is when they say something that is deliberately offensive, and THEN say "no offense". "Your mom is fat! No offense."

And then there's the most frustrating, STUPID thing of the uttermost annoyance that someone said to me. This one thing someone said to me, once upon a time, regarding the new Hyundai Sonata. "You don't like the new Sonata just because it's a Hyundai".

Well, I'm not going to argue with that. It's a fair statement. But I will say this. It is true that I don't like the Sonata, and it is true that I don't like it because I don't like Hyundais. But then I don't like cod, just as I don't like any kind of fish.

Why hasn't anybody told me "you don't like cod just because you don't like fish"?
Why is it that no-one ever tells me "you don't like Jay-Z's new single just because you don't like Jay-Z"?
And why, on earth, have I never been told "you don't like CSI:Miami just because you don't like stupidly unrealistic crime dramas, featuring men wearing make-up taking their sunglasses off in a theatrical manner while spouting various dramatic one-liners"?

I think it might have something to do with Hyundai fans themself. I wonder what kind of ailment/disorder they must suffer from to become a Hyundai fan in the first place. Perhaps one of the symptoms is that they get overly defensive and start arguing (badly) with anyone even hinting that they don't like Hyundai.

Me thinks, after this post, that I ought to get my Hyundaist (that's what I've decided to call them) shield at the ready, before someone starts using crappy arguments against me.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on a couple of things and I find it annoying when people keep repeating OMG! over and over again after something happens, instead of saying something that actually has a meaning :facepalm: ...but I kinda like the word Fail.

    ReplyDelete