Car Fanatics Blog

Welcome to the Official Blog of Car Fanatics.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ugly car tax. Good idea?

I've post this before, but-

I can't believe how selfish some people are. You are not allowed to build a block of flats in a small pretty village, because people don't like to see it. The law says I can't run around naked, as much as I'd like to, because people don't want to look at it.

So why, I ask, are Toyota allowed to sell these kinds of monstrocities? I mean, who in their right mind WANTS to see a Toyota Yaris on the streets? And yet the big 'Yota are fooling thousands of americans with them every year. But I have a plan just in case I come to power.

So you can't just BAN ugly cars. But what you CAN do is introduce an ugly tax. Now cars will be rated, by me, on a scale of 1 to 10 on ugliness. Hyundai Tucsons will have a rating of 10, since they are the ugliest car on the market IN ANY COUNTRY. So buyers of this car will be made to pay a £100 ugly penalty. Buyers of cars with ratings of 1, the Jaguar XK for example, will be immune from this "ugly tax".

Now you might think, "oh, a £100 fine won't stop me from buying my shitbox", but that's the beauty of it. I can, as governments do, steadily increase the ugly tax so that, in 2020, you CAN buy your Kia, but it will come with a tax of one-hundred billion pounds. Surely that will be enough to stop people buying these things and burning the layers from my eyes?

Now if you value your eyes, vote for me!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would love to see less Asian cars in the streets, but looks are subjective... so I say NO.

    ReplyDelete